A) The marriage must be conducted under the special marriage act, 1954.
- Application: An applicant needs to apply on a prescribed registration form. The limitation for bride’s age is 18 years and of bridegroom’s is 21 years.
- Documents needed :
- Proof of age of both bride as well as bridegroom. ( except birth certificate, domicile certificate, 10th class certificate or passport)
- Proof of residence including both bride along with bridegroom signatures. (Passport, Ration card, Voter I-card, Electricity bill or telephone bill in their name separately.)
- Passport sized photographs of both bride and bridegroom.
- Documents are required to be produced in original with 2 attested photocopies.
- If the women are widow/ widower, Death certificate issued by the Municipal Authority needs to be produced.
- In situation of a divorcee, a divorce certificate has to be produced.
B) If it is conducted under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, section 16.
- A prescribed application form must be signed by both husband and wife will be accepted before getting a marriage certificate Mumbai.
- Marriage must have been taken place anywhere in India and the couple should be living together in the knowledge of Marriage Officer Jurisdiction.
- In case of special marriage, application should have been done a month earlier.
- Proof of residence of both the parties should be produced separately with application.
C) In case of marriage being conducted under Maharashtra regulation marriage bureaus and registration of marriages 1998
- The marriage form must be submitted issued by the Marriage Officer of Mumbai with a court fee charged stamp of Rs. 100.
- Documents required for marriage certificate Mumbai:
- Proof of age of bride and bridegroom except Passport, PAN card, Domicile certificate or birth certificate.
- Proof of residence of both bide and bridegroom ( Ration card, Electricity bill, telephone bill, Voter I-card or Passport in their names separately.)
- Proof of witness-3 (Ration card, Passport, Voter I- card, Driving License or Government Identity card.)
- Wedding invitation card.
- In case wedding card is unavailable, stamps of Rs. 100 with three witnesses are required.
- A Rs 100 court stamp fee.
- Photographs of both bride and bridegroom.
- All the documents produced should be in original with 2 photocopies of each. Both bride and bridegroom with three witnesses should be there in front of the Registrar in person and will sign the memorandum under section 6 B of Maharashtra Marriage Act 1998.
- In case of widow/widower , a Death certificate of the spouse should be produced.
- In case of a divorcee, a Divorce certificate should be produced.